Bookish Blerd

Alice in Tumblr-land

Alice in Tumblr-land - Tim Manley This wasn't at all what I expected. I thought it would be a full-on parody of Alice In Wonderland; however it was more like little drabbles of old fairytales.

I liked it.

Not all of them were funny. Some were kind of sad and gave me the feels. Some just made you think. At some point, when you grow up, you realize how bass-akwards children's versions of fairytales are. Like why did the princess always need some random dude to roll in and save the day?! Why did the princess never save the prince? Being swept off your feet is nice and all, and I fully endorse it, but I also endorse rescuing yourself. And why was it always happily ever after? Can't it just be, content, or okay ever after? LOL!

I kind of like this twisted, sort of cynical play on the old tales. Definitely a good read.

Boys Will Be Boys
Clementine Ford
Progress: 23/384pages
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages