Bookish Blerd

Akira, Vol. 1

Akira, Vol. 1 - Yoko Umezawa, Katsuhiro Otomo, Chris Warner, Jo Duffy, Linda York That awkward moment when you go to read Vol. 4 and the "the story so far" doesn't sound familiar at all because it's literally been years since you read Volumes 1-3. So this is technically a re-read, but it almost feels like a first time read because it's been soooo long. I can't believe how much I have forgotten from my initial reading.

It's not like the movie.

What do I say about postapocalyptic Tokyo? There are gangs, and drugs, a secret military project (which was the cause of the apocalypse in the first place), and kids with paranormal powers.

This whole graphic novel is a hot mess of drugs, violence and creepy kids with mad-crazy mind powers.

I loved it of course, duh! I I think I enjoyed it more than the first time I read it, because I changed my star rating from 4 to 5 stars.

Boys Will Be Boys
Clementine Ford
Progress: 23/384pages
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages