Bookish Blerd

Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare It is amazing how much more I like this series than I do TMI. Perhaps the author learned from her fans what not to do this time around.

While there is still a stinking love triangle, it's not nearly as annoying Simon/Clary/Jace. Now we finally understand why Will is the way he is, but that doesn't make me wish that Tess would pick him. I want her with Jem. I think he loves her just as much as Will does, and I believe Tessa loves him equally as well. I just hope this doesn't turn into a sense of duty for her rather than love. I can understand doing the right thing by Jem, but not out of duty. She should want to keep from hurting him because she loves him.

Romance aside, the story is interesting. I cannot wait to find out what Tessa is (though I already know from the TMI series). But I want to know how she finds out and what everyone's reaction is. And what will eventually happen to Jem? What will become of Charlotte, Henry andrhe Institute? And when will they finally find Mthe Magister? Or will he find them?

I almost want to start the next book this instant!

Boys Will Be Boys
Clementine Ford
Progress: 23/384pages
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages