Bookish Blerd

What The What Did I Just Read?!

Lumberjanes Volume 1 -  Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis

This was not at all what I expected!  I honestly thought it would just be girls having adventures while camping; and while it is, it also isn't.  There is a whole other story going on and it's all bizarre and supernatural.  Strange things are afoot and the poor Lumberjanes keep stumbling into weirdness. It's kinda like a female cast of the Goonies meets the Brothers Winchester.  They are quirky and fun characters.  Their reaction to things and their terminology is so 80's!  It's like stepping back into my childhood.  I got this because I thought it would be something fun that both my daughter and myself could read and enjoy.  Well, this was a really fun read, and I have a feeling my daughter will like it even more than I did!

Boys Will Be Boys
Clementine Ford
Progress: 23/384pages
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages