Bookish Blerd

Review: Head On

Head On (Lock In #2) - John Scalzi, Wil Wheaton

This was a fantastic sequel to Lock In.  Crime, mystery, suspense, humor and a little scifi.  Scalzi is an incredible story teller.  I really like the characters and the story held my attention.

Two favorite parts: 1) Wheaton is a phenomenal narrator.  I would listen to most things he narrated.  2) A large part of this story takes place in my hometown, Philly.  Scalzi was spot on with his representation. He got the mannerism,  the streets, sections of town all down perfectly.  It felt like he was a Philly native, which I appreciated so much!

This was a really fun story and I hope he continues with the series.  I really enjoy going on adventures with Agents Shane and Van!

Boys Will Be Boys
Clementine Ford
Progress: 23/384pages
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages