Bookish Blerd

Review: The Raven King

The Raven King: The Raven Cycle, Book 4 - Scholastic Audio, Maggie Stiefvater, Will Patton

Once again, Will Patton did a wonderful job with the narration. At the beginning of the audiobook I had kind of wished that all books in a series would get a brief recap because it's been a while since I read the first three books and I was a little lost. It didn't take me long to get back into the swing of it though.

The progression of the story flowed well, I think. I was surprised, by the truth of Capeswater and the Raven King and just all the little things pile up into one big, "WHAT?!" But in a good way. I didn't predict anything in this story, especially not Ronin and Adam! If this was obvious, where the hell was I? But I loved it. Henry was a nice edition to the group. I think there was a bit of growth for all of the characters, which is always a good thing.

I loved the ending and thought this book was a good finale to the series. I know some people didn't enjoy the series, but whateves. Good read, would probably re-read in the future.

Boys Will Be Boys
Clementine Ford
Progress: 23/384pages
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages