Bookish Blerd

Review: Deathless Divide (Dread Nation, Book 2)

Deathless Divide - Justina Ireland, Shirley Drake Jordan Editors: Sharon E. Cobb, Bahni Turpin
Wow. Ms. Ireland took us for a wild ride on this one.

Wherein Jane and Katherine become the best of friends, go on more adventuers. We have deaths, rebirths, apparently the vaccine works, but also, it does not work. We have a mad scientist on the loose, and vengeful bounty hunters on his trail, the East Coast has fallen, more racism and mysoginy. There are not-so-happy reunions, a whole lot of character development, more allies, and lots more death..

This was just fabulous. I loved the story, the characters, the narration with the added narrator was wonderful, and the ending left me wanting more, yet was completely satisfying. I loved this book and its predecessor and whether or not it's this story continuing, or something completely new, I look forward to reading more by the author.

Boys Will Be Boys
Clementine Ford
Progress: 23/384pages
The Silmarillion
J.R.R. Tolkien, Martin Shaw
Progress: 687/889minutes
Werewolves and Shape Shifters: Encounters with the Beasts Within
Francesca Lia Block, George R.R. Martin, H.P. Lovecraft, Neil Gaiman, Tessa Gratton, Bentley Little, Zak Jarvis, Violet Glaze, Peter Giglio, Mercedes M. Yardley, Dieter Meyer, Scott Bradley, Brad C. Hodson, Nicole Cushing, Alice Henderson, Alethea Kontis, Steve Duffy, Max
Progress: 31/640pages